CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

For Real

So, I am looking online for some funny pictures someone sent me of a redneck wedding so I could post them on here. Of course, I Google "Redneck Wedding photos". I found them, but first I found the following post on Yahoo answers.com. It is for real. I am hoping the humor I find in this is obvious without requiring too much commentary from me. It begins with a post from someone who is looking for "Cute Redneck Wedding Ideas" ON PURPOSE. Apparently because after several marriages each the bride and groom have become disillusioned enough with marriage to kick off another one by making a mockery of it. Again this is a real post please take note of the "winning" response from a kindred soul who felt that if you're going to have a weddin', why not make it a redneck extravaganza. By the way, at the end of the pasted in post, I will post the actual link in case you want to see it for real.

Resolved Question

Does anyone have any cute redneck wedding ideas?


"My fiance and I want to do a redneck themed wedding. I've been looking online for some ideas, but all that keeps coming up is redneck jokes. Hee hee. Thanks for any help we can get! We've both already had the traditional weddings. We now are just going to have fun with ours. I love the tractor idea and all the others. Keep them coming! Thanks so much for all the help! See I think it'll be fun. I'm not a redneck at all. But he comes from a family that is. So I think it's going to be a blast. Thanks for all the help! Keep it coming! Ha I love the idea of us standing in the back of a truck. How cute would that be! How about invites? Any redneck ideas? I'm thinking something that goes with duct tape. lol"

by victoria E.
Member since: September 03, 2006
Total points:
2501 (Level 4)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
"I hope this helps you out. My husband and I had a hillbilly themed wedding. We drank from mason jars, had a BBQ, he even wore bibs and a Kesslars t shirt. Had a hill billy band complete with brown jug. OUr card box was in the shape of a log cabin and we served pies instead of cake. My husband and Mom even danced to red neck woman. I made our invitations that had a picture of a drunk hillbilly being carried by his wife (he was holding a brown jug) and underneath it said "I sure hope pa don't wake up soon" Instead of a guest book, we put down a piece of white fabric and had everyone sign it and give us any well wishes. I am making that into a quilt. I originally wanted to have a traditional wedding but found out I was pregnant, so I decided to let my husband and mom plan the wedding, I told them anything as long as it was fun."
• 1 year ago

Source(s):
my own wedding.

Asker's Rating: ****

Asker's Comment:
"That's Awesome thanks for the help!!!!"

The Link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061024101612AAomUBn

And where it all began, the awesome photos I was looking for to begin with:

0 comments: