CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My wonder child

One of the main reasons I decided to blog is to chronicle the nonstop adventure of being Princess Kryptonite Cupcake's (Sophie's) mom. She has no doubt that the world is her oyster and proceeds to become best friends with everyone she meets. I believe by watching people's reactions to her that this ability may go beyond mere charm and somehow involve magical powers. I will post here some of the best conversations I have had with her in the last couple of weeks:

"Mom if our house was high high up off the ground, how would we get in?"
"Uhhh, maybe some really high stairs?"
"Ummm.. yeah I guess that’d work but, I think it would be better to have someone pull us up in a basket tied to a rope."
"Uh, yeah I guess that would work too."


"Mom does Jesus have a car?"
"Um no I don’t think so. I don’t think he needs a car."
"Well how does he get places?"
"Ummm, like where?" (hoping this clarification will make it simpler to answer the question.)
"Well,how does he get to Salt Lake and go to the temple."
"Ummmmmmmmm Uh he can just make his body be there when he wants to."
"But how?" (yeesh, you're 4 cut me some slack)
"Uhhhh I don’t know, maybe he just thinks about being there and then he is there."
"Huh! (impressed) OK,Why does the sun come up in the morning?"
"These questions are going to get harder aren’t they?"
"Yeah"(matter of factly)


"Mommy when I grow up will I live with you and daddy?"
"No, you’ll live with your husband and kids."
"Ummmm…OK but I want you to be my neighbor."
"OK it’s a deal. I’d like that."
"But can we both move somewhere else away from here? I really don’t want to live in this house forever."
"Nether do I Soph. neither do I."


thoughtfully
"Mommy, I thought I might want a mom who doesn’t get mad at me all the time.Buuuut, no, I just still want you."
"Good, I’m glad Sophie I want you too. Do I get mad at you too much?"
"Yeah, but I need to be good too."
"OK I love you Sophie."
"I love you too mommy."


"Mommy how does Heavenly Father get down from heaven?"
"Ummmm to where?…"(stalling for time)
"To Tooele."(tone indicating..duh)
"Uhhhh." (still thinking about layer upon layer of things…..)
"Well I think he goes... (Stands up on couch, reaching as high as she can and picture using hand like an airplane going really fast toward the ground, while jumping off couch)
Schshooooooow! (imagine a sound indicating great velocity)
"Hmmm maybe, Sophie." (That’s way better than anything I would have come up with )


And lest I forget, yesterday I made Jiffy Raspberry muffins for her for breakfast 'cause I'm so awesome.
I tell her how yummy they are going to be.

"Mommy when are they going to be done?"

"in just a minute Sophie"

we sit down to enjoy, we bite in....I say
"mmmm, these are good (they are) do you like them?

Sophie bites and says........
"Mmmmmmmm "(with great gusto which makes me have a teensy mommy smile and then she says...)
"Tastes like chicken!"

WTH?! Raspberry muffins....No I'm not kidding.....

0 comments: